Monday, June 13, 2011

A day in the life...

Well, more like a week. This week actually. This week started off on the tough side. I had my weigh in on Tuesday after work and it was GREAT. I went home and put on my runners... wait, let me digress just a bit:

I have to get new runners. The reason I know this is because I have two pairs of runners that are a billion years old collectively. One BILLION. One of them (Pair 1) has bits of rubber missing from the heel. But they are comfortable. So comfortable. The other pair (Pair 2) is seemingly in MUCH better shape. But they lie. Ok, back to the narrative... 

I put on Pair 2 thinking that since they appear to be in much better shape, they'll be better suited to my increasingly more intense walks. I was wrong. Sooooo wrong. I started my walk on Tuesday but by about 1/2 a block from my place I knew I was in trouble. Pain SHOOTING up my legs. Intense, searing stabs of pain that went up the outside of my lower leg. So bad that I cut my walk short at 10 minutes thinking 10 minutes is better than none minutes. I thought perhaps it was because Pair 2 was a little lacking in arch support so I went to Ye Auld London Drugs and bought a set of pretty decent supports that came highly recommended by my cousin's wife who works there.

Cue Wednesday's walk - started out a little better.  Supports were super comfy, but sure enough, 1/2 a block away the pain started again.  A little less intense, but still there.  I managed 15 minutes before I couldn't take it any more.

Thursday night I went for a walk with the Significant Other (aka B-man) and I wore Pair 1 and nary a pain did I experience.  I was able to walk as quickly as I wanted and no pain.

So there you have it.  I need new runners that are exactly the same as Pair 1.   Because with Pair 1 I've gone for 4 consecutive walks with the ever so wonderful Mrs. J. and we've walked I tell you.  We've gone out for minimum 45 minutes almost every day.  Sunday morning was a glorious trek all over our neighbourhood with the beautiful sun beating down on us, conversation flowing as easy as a mountain stream.  Mrs. J pushing me to go faster, harder, more... I love Mrs. J and am ever so grateful that she's supporting me on this journey.

Next post, lets meet my food journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment