Saturday, April 23, 2011

In agreement

Rita - I totally agree. None of this is meant to be a negative experience. Besides, if everything goes in the direction we want it to, these pictures will likely never be posted anyway.

When Rita and I were first speaking about her goals, we were trying to find some motivation to get her to adhere to whatever plan developed. I had mentioned my previous "Shamefit" idea an she had agreed. Again, I don't think the idea was to ever to be embarassing, more just incentive to stick with the plan.

I've known Rita for, what, 25 years? I've always known her to be active. (beginning with our cheerleading days - damn, I keep meaning to find that picture - LOL) and for the past couple of years that has simply become less so. What typically happens when someone is moving less, is that eating habits soon change also. I think the body craves food differently at that point. So these two things have brought Rita to where she is today.

The great part about this for Rita is that as of today she has no medical conditions (but a scary family history), no injuries, no real barriers and a great amount of self confidence and drive. NO EXCUSES. And she really wants to make sure that it stays this way and is at a great age to turn things around.

So tell me - having reviewed your reasons for taking the pictures - have you changed your mind? I still think its a good idea to get a photographic reminder of where you are coming from.

I'm going to go find that picture now.

No comments:

Post a Comment