Friday, April 29, 2011

One week down...

So, I've been keeping a food journal for one week now and I have to say I've noticed a pretty significant difference in how I feel.  I haven't really "cut out" any foods, or existed solely on rabbit food and air but I'm willing to bet that I've dropped a pound or two.  I know I feel better.  Less bloated, less heartburn, and much to my family's relief, less gas.

I think the biggest difference is that I'm thinking about everything that goes in my mouth as opposed to blindly eating in a vain effort to "feel better".  And the result is that I actually feel better.  Cutting back on drinking is also making a difference in my energy levels - I'm not as lethargic during the day.  To wit, I actually had a couple glasses of wine last night with friends and today I was all... blarg.  Got a decent amount of sleep, but just felt... yeah, blarg is the only way to describe it.

I'm meeting up with Tara tomorrow to do all my measurements, weigh in and *gulp* take pictures.

Will update with all the gory details once that happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment