Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yay me!

Yeah, I know I said weight is a number and it's not that important and how I feel will be the true measure... but damn that number does feel good.  I've been following the plan pretty closely, BUT... it hasn't been "work".  It's been deceptively simple.  Cunningly easy.  I've not been necessarily "denying" myself anything significant.  I've had the occasional cookie.  A beer even.  I think the key has been the consistent feeding of the machine (rawr) every two to three hours and making sure what I DO eat is as clean and healthy as I can realistically manage.  I figure that 95% of the time I am on track and making really good choices.  That 5% is what makes this no big deal.

Case and point, last night's dinner was BBQ'd steak.  Delicious, juicy and meaty steak.  BUT, my portion wasn't huge and I had a great big salad and some steamed yams with it.  The yams were dead easy.  I saw this idea on Shannon's blog and thought I'd give it a try.  I wrapped them in paper towel and soaked it right through, popped them in the microwave for 7 minutes and then drizzled them with some rosemary-infused olive oil, salt, pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder.  Turned out really tasty.  With something that easy to prepare, I can easily bring a raw yam to work and whip it up there.

As for the exercise, I spent over an hour in my yard last night pulling these hideous vines out of the ground.  I worked up a great sweat, huffed and puffed and got a good chunk of work accomplished.  I used all my muscles, worked in some stretching while I was doing it and it was great.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good walk as much as the next guy, but being able to do something productive instead is WAY more appealing.  I would happily spend an hour pulling weeds or mowing the lawn over walking around in circles.  And with the weather being all gorgeous-like outside, I can only see that happening more!  BRING ON THE SUN!

PS: Hey Tara, how many inches did I go down this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment